Evolving from the photo-journalistic sensibilities of Dirty Dirty Love, his more recent series, This House of Glass, is an intimate exploration of what we keep hidden from others – and in many cases, what we hide from ourselves. Working with volunteers, I interviewed each model about the relationship between their public lives and personal history; specifically focusing on sensitive and vulnerable details they normally keep veiled. Through this process their personal narratives were dismantled and reconstructed into the watercolors seen here. Staged in the model’s own home or place of particular meaning, each painting is a cumulative experience not meant to document a singular instance but to illustrate the entirety of the model’s story.
DIRTY DIRTY LOVE AND THIS HOUSE OF GLASS
feel free to call us +98-912-4034464 email@example.com
CRAIG BURROWS PHOTOGRAPHS THE INVISIBLE LIGHT THAT PLANTS EMITStaff Writer, , Photography, Visual arts, 0
Since 2014, Craig Burrows has photographed hundreds of glowing flowers after seeing Oleksandr Holovachov’s work with ultraviolet-induced visible fluorescence...
CUBAN ROOTS OF WIRE AND PAPERStaff Writer, , Sculpturing, Visual arts, 0
Born in 1962 in La Havana, Jorge Mayet is a Cuban expatriate artist living and working in Mallorca, Spain....
10 PAINTINGS @ CCA WATTIS INSTITUTEStaff Writer, , Painting, Visual arts, 0
The artist’s wide-ranging iconography samples genres ranging from 11th-century Chinese landscape painting to Cubism, and draws on sources both...
GOTHIC PORTRAITS AND STILL LIFEStaff Writer, , Painting, Visual arts, 0
Her work is dark, and she finds her inspiration in “the turmoil that is so often a part of...
QUEER URNS AND QUILTSStaff Writer, , Sculpturing, Visual arts, 0
Grayson Perry began his career as a controversial artist best known for creating contemporary radical ceramic art and for...
REBIRTH BRASS BAND IN SAN FRANCISCOStaff Writer, , Conceptual art, Graphic, Performance art, Visual arts, 0
Something is always happening on Heron Alley in San Francisco, and there will be a whole lot of happening...
Sam Chivers’ Illustrations for Wired World 2016Staff Writer, , Graphic, Painting, Visual arts, 0
Sam Chivers was born in 1974 and Graduated with a BA in Illustration at Porstmouth University. He often creates...
Teatre Nacional de Catalunya visual identityStaff Writer, , Graphic, Visual arts, 0
Taking the existing brand as a reference, we evolved the visual identity of Teatre Nacional de Catalunya and led...
- Zero-One | An overview of the drawings by AbdolHossein Pazoki December 7, 2021
- Glitch Video Art Group exhibition of Platform 101 at Kandovan building November 2, 2021
- Aberration of Inner Child in Barcelona Contemporary 2021 June 28, 2021
- Familiar geometry; About Mohammad Ali Famori’s Glitch Video Art March 11, 2021
- Image of rain; About Sadegh Majlesi’s Glitch Video Art March 11, 2021
- Contradiction and similarity; About Reza Famori’s Glitch Video Art March 11, 2021
- Formal conflict of Environment; About Golnaz Behrouznia Glitch Video Art March 10, 2021
- The story behind the integration of technology and nature; About Abarca’s glitch Video Art March 10, 2021
- Repeated decline; About Nima Mansouri’s Glitch Video Art February 26, 2021
- Angel-Demon transformation; About Shahab Shah Ali’s Glitch Video Art February 20, 2021