Rachel Bess makes small, detailed oil paintings using classical techniques, but portraying the gothic and dark. Her paintings feature complex textures—fruit flesh, fabric, glossy surfaces and skin.
Her work is dark, and she finds her inspiration in “the turmoil that is so often a part of the mortal experience.” She often creates narrative in her paintings, but is also drawn to the purely aesthetic.
- Zero-One | An overview of the drawings by AbdolHossein Pazoki December 7, 2021
- Glitch Video Art Group exhibition of Platform 101 at Kandovan building November 2, 2021
- Aberration of Inner Child in Barcelona Contemporary 2021 June 28, 2021
- Familiar geometry; About Mohammad Ali Famori’s Glitch Video Art March 11, 2021
- Image of rain; About Sadegh Majlesi’s Glitch Video Art March 11, 2021
- Contradiction and similarity; About Reza Famori’s Glitch Video Art March 11, 2021
- Formal conflict of Environment; About Golnaz Behrouznia Glitch Video Art March 10, 2021
- The story behind the integration of technology and nature; About Abarca’s glitch Video Art March 10, 2021
- Repeated decline; About Nima Mansouri’s Glitch Video Art February 26, 2021
- Angel-Demon transformation; About Shahab Shah Ali’s Glitch Video Art February 20, 2021