After Dismaland, Banksy pledged all the leftover building materials to Calais, France to help construct dwellings and structures for the Jungle camp, a refugee camp for Syrians who have fled their homeland’s war. He just completed a few signature pieces around the city, and because of his immense following, has brought attention to a few historic reminders about immigration and prior refugee movements.
In particular, his piece about Steve Jobs will resonate with the Western Worlds obsession with all things…, well, Apple. The project itself has been dubbed “Dismal Aid,” and in the gallery above, you can see all the works that were completed by Banksy in Calais.
- Repeated decline; About Nima Mansouri Glitch Video Art February 26, 2021
- Angel-Demon transformation; About Shahab Shah Ali’s Glitch Video Art February 20, 2021
- Slow Paced Meditation; About Francesco Corvi Glitch Video Art February 11, 2021
- Constant war within humans; About Arezou Ramezani’s Glitch Video Art February 11, 2021
- Order of creation; About Arash Masoum Metatron Glitch Video Art February 5, 2021
- Generating system; About Glitch Video Art Autogenesis Nikzad Arabshahi January 28, 2021
- Soul valve; About Glitch Video Art Neda Dastafkan and Parnian Donyari January 21, 2021
- Honest expression; About Glitch Video Art Prologue by Behrouz Farahani and Hossein Pour Ismail January 21, 2021
- Visualization alone; About Shalala Salamzadeh Glitch Video Art January 15, 2021
- Tools of destruction; About Parisa Pakzamir Glitch Video Art January 14, 2021